I never wanted summer to end. We were super active as a family and went on so many adventures. We spent a lot of time outside and swimming. Summer seemed effortless and I was really enjoying being outside in the fresh air.
We take a week vacation to go enjoy the beach. I grew up vacationing in Myrtle Beach and a few years ago I introduced this location to my family. This year we decided to try a new location. The entire family voted for Florida. It was a few hour drive further but promised white sands and emerald green gulf water. Florida delivered on the promises. We enjoyed sunsets, sea breezes, local cuisine, private cruise on a pontoon boat. The white sand was amazing.
A few things we do to organize our family over family vacation:
- Brainstorm and discuss as a family what we want to see and do
- Always discuss the day’s schedule over breakfast
- Remind ourselves this is vacation not a marathon
- Keep an eye on the weather report (and we did have a couple days of rain)
- Included meal planning since our goal is to eat healthier (included snacks in the car, breakfast and a couple dinners in so we could enjoy more pool time)